Another starter question

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another starter question
From: "Dave Herr" <triumphs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 08:49:39 -0500
Okay, the engine mounts are complete, the steering system has been built with
new Borgenson universal joints, shafts and vibration mounts and block hugger
headers (Thanks Ted) are installed and the engine is ready to bolt in the car.

With the block hugger headers, I don't necessarily need a shorty starter, does
anyone know if a land rover discovery starter will work with the earlier Rover
3500S (10.1 compression) block and a buick flywheel? If so, I'll probably just
use it, but if it won't mesh with the flywheel or is drilled differently, I'll
have to just order one of the small starters (assuming it will work with the
buick flywheel).

Anybody tried this?

///
///