Gudgeon pin?

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Gudgeon pin?
From: "Phil A." <phil_a_tr8@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:30:06 -0400
Hi everyone,
Yesterday I was working on my 3.5 engine (8.13:1) and found that I had two
gudgeon pin (wrist pin) heavily rusted.  I think that those parts are not
sold separately.  My pistons are OK.  Do you know where I can get them.
Maybe some of you kept some when replacing pistons for higher compression.

An other question is when installing piston rings, they says in the manual
to install them between the gudgeon pin and the thrust face of the piston.
What and where is the thrust face of the piston?  I speak french and the
dictionary didn't help!

Thank you,
Philippe
Montreal,