Cam shaft bearing installation

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Cam shaft bearing installation
From: "Phil A." <phil_a_tr8@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:09:30 -0400
Hi every one,

I bought from Rimmer a set of new cam shaft bearing for my TR8 V8 3.5.   The
two bearings from the front are different from the original.  They have two
holes and the originals have only one hole.   If I align the first hole with
the oil outlet from the oil galery, does the second hole goes up ou down?
The holes are located 120 degrees apart on the same the bearing.  I took two
pictures that can be send by Email of the two possible ways.  As they said:
a picture worth a thousand words.

I saw some where that it is a good practice to drill two holes in the front
of the engine to let the oil goes on the timing chain.  Should I do that and
for what reason?  Where exactely those holes have to be drill and what is
the size of those holes?

Thank you,

Philippe Aubry
1981 TR8