Volvo Pistons

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Volvo Pistons
From: Curtis Hunter <amy_curt@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:59:44 -0800
"A few weeks back, Steve Mines posted some information on his Olds
215 engine in a Datsun 510 car.  One thing that caught my interest was the
use of Volvo pistons in the engine build.  He informs me that he has no
personal knowledge of this but that the engine was built some years back by
Phil Baker of 1986 Hot Rod Magazine article fame."
The pistons described could have been from a number of applications.  The most
notable Volvo hardware are the alloy rocker arms, and (and believe)Volvo valves
used in the Buick 300 heads.
The popular set up was the 300 crank in the 215 block with turned down mains,
small block Chevy 2" rods and Ford 260 or Chevy 305 pistions....  bunches of
options.  I have copies of the article if interested.  Much of this stuff is
too expensive to do and much cheaper if you just go with a 4.OL or larger Rover
cross bolted main block.
Curtis.

///
///