Oil pump help....

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil pump help....
From: Ron Howard <DigiFX@coastalnet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:18:33 -0500
Again, thanks to all the people who responded to my question about achieving
oil pressure. Since I had not disassembled the pump I didn't feel the need
for the vaseline treatment. After using a simple little oilcan pump to squrt
in enough oil to fill the hose to the guage..it took about 1/2 quart...and
recharging the drill battery, and knowing which direction to turn....it only
took a few revolutions to positively achieve pressure. What a lovely sight
to see oil dribbling from the rocker shaft. And what a great feeling to know
that there is such an experienced and helpful bunch of people out there
willing to take their time to help. Now, if you all would like to come spend
the weekend here on the beautiful coast of North Carolina to help me sort
out the rest of it.....let me know. Thanks again.....ron

///
///