Oil Pump....

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pump....
From: Ron Howard <DigiFX@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:22:35 -0500
Thanks to all who responded with suggestions. Yes, the vasilene in the gears
is the best, I'm sure. That is what I did at the initial building of the
engine, and worked perfectly....built pressure quickly. Since I didn't even
drain the engine oil to pull the engine this time, for transmission work, I
didn't think I would need to go that far again....still don't, really. The
engine sits in the bay of a '74 MGB-GT, and the filter is remotely located
under the right wheel well....so there is much hose volume to fill. I like
the idea of back-filling from the gauge. I'll let you all know how it goes
after my next work session. And now I know for sure which direction to
turn....and also that maybe a weak battery on a 9 volt drill is not up to
the task. Thank you all so much!.....ron

///
///