EFI Land Rover Engine

To: "List, Buick Rover" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: EFI Land Rover Engine
From: Bill Dudley <wdudley4@home.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:04:27 -0600
List,

I am about to start on a conversion project starting with a 74 1/2 GT.
I have a chance to buy the engine from a 91 Land Rover, 2.9 L with hot
wire injection, for around $1700.  I understand that the engine runs
well at present.

Is this a good price?  If not, what is a reasonable price?

>From reading Hardcastle, Williams, etc, I understand that this is a
desirable engine but the intake plenum must be cut down by almost two
inches.  I note in todays email that no one on the list seems to know
anyone who has done this.  Will placing the engine farther down and back
like Jim Stuart and others advise eliminate or minimize this problem?

If I increase the compression ratio and replace the cam shaft will the
EFI have to be adjusted? Are there other problems with this engine I
should be aware of?

TIA,

Bill Dudley
67 B Original Owner
Soon to be owner of 74 1/2 MGB GT V8 Project

///
///