Oil Filter...flow directions?

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Filter...flow directions?
From: "Pete Bronlund" <peteb@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 22:23:31 +1200
Hi folks. Here we go again. I'm sure that this question has been covered but on
the 215
(Rover 3.5 in my case) which side of the oil filter does the filtered oil leave
the
cartrige from? In other words, does the oilpump suck filtered oil from the
filter's center
to feed the engine ( is it pushing sump supply through the filter & to which
side of the
filter)... or simply, what is the oil flow direction through the cartridge
spinon
oilfilter.
A friend of mine has me all confused after he saw my setup today & commented on
the twist
in the remote hoses!
Thanks
Regards Pete