Tools: Roller clutch ratchet ?

To: buick-rover-v8 <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tools: Roller clutch ratchet ?
From: Tom Proctor <t_proctor@daido.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:37:29 -0400
Sorry for the cross post, I posted this to the Range Rover Owner list a
day ago, but  it appears to be down for the last two...

I came into possession of a few roller-clutch type ratchets, as we
cleaned out the sample items left over from closing down Truecraft
Tools. The ratchets are product samples from Japanese tool makers
Truecraft had done business with. These are fully fucntional, just hand
finished and polished to showroom finish.

Anybody ever use this type of ratchet? Can they take as much/more torque
than typical click pawl ratchets? If there is more of a chance of
busting my knuckles, I'd just as soon give them to my brother, whose
general use requires much less torque.

Tom Proctor
96 Disco

///