vacuum or mechanical

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: vacuum or mechanical
From: "bown" <bown@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 21:35:25 -0600
I thank all of you for your many comments and suggestions.

I think I will go with the combination mechanical & vacuum unit.

I am giving thought to the electronic unit rather than the dual point but I am
still undecided at this time.

This engine is in a vehicle that is used extensively off-road in the remote
Deserts of the western United States. My thinking is that if the electronic
unit fails I will be in really big trouble. On the other hand I think it
somewhat unlikely that both sets of points will fail simultaneously. And if
they did I could probably scrape them a bit with my pocket knife and drive
home.

Do the rest of you agree or disagree with my thinking on this?

Regards,

Jim B.

///
///