RE: 215 buying tips

To: "Julie Ann Phillips" <jphillips@cvalley.net>,
Subject: RE: 215 buying tips
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 16:56:56 -0700
8/13/00

Greg,

        If the car is a 62, 63, or late 61, you can be reasonably sure the
bell housing will be drilled for both the 3-speed (1 pattern) and the
4-speed (different pattern).  In very early 61, before the 4-speeds were
offered, the housings were drilled only for the 3-speed.  The 61 Olds-F-85
I bought new in late 1960 was this way.  Once the 4-speed option became
available (late 61 production), the housings were drilled for both.  My
1964 Olds Factory Parts Book shows only one part number for all 1961-1963
F-85 S.T. housings.

Cheers,

Dave K.

Greg, don't know the answer to the question, but make sure it is a 4 speed.  If
it is a 3 speed you might get it to work with an adapter from D & D, but
I'm not
sure about that.

Larry Hoy