Re: pilot bearing (bushing)

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: pilot bearing (bushing)
From: Lee Shepherd <leesonic@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 03:42:22 -0700 (PDT)
--- James R Bown <Bowan@uswest.net> wrote: > Hello
All,

> I am having trouble finding a pilot bearing
> (bushing) for a 62 Buick
> Special.
> Anybody know where I can get one?
> Anybody know if the Rover item will work?

The pilot bearing (spigot bush in the UK) from a 5
speed Rover V8 gearbox will work. It's a bronze metal
plain bearing (as opposed to a roller bearing) that
can be reamed out to suit whatever size is on your
gearbox input shaft. I know because I used one of
these to fit a Rover V8 into a three litre Capri.

You can get them in the UK from Real Steel, their
details are on my Resources page.

=====
Lee Shepherd
1981 Mk3 (3.6 V8)