Re: Engine Clean Up

To: Gary Kneisly <kneisley@ohio.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Clean Up
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 23:00:39 -0500
My plans for the current project car include Jet Hot for the RV8 manifolds,
powder coating for the intake & valve covers. I have a Carter 500 cfm that has
been powder coated.

Consider re-routing the engine wiring so a minimum of wires show in the engine
compartment. Brake & fuel lines can be painted or polished. Many items under the
hood can be painted or powder coated such as the heater box, peddle box cover,
radiator overflow, etc. Running plug wires is an art form, aided by creative
wire looms. I did a reasonably good job on my blue GT, but I have seen better.
The best source of ideas are Hot Rod & Rod & Custom magazines. Street Rodder is
my favorite.

For torque specs, get a Rover Manual, or visit the library & photo copy the
pages you want. There is a web page of torque specs by bolt size under Technical
in the links section of my web page,    mgbv8.com

Hoses benefit from a wipe with vinyl shine products. That alternator can be
chrome as well.

Its like the old saying about speed- "speed costs money. How fast do you want to
go?" your only limits are your imagination & the depths of your pockets.

Jim Stuart