1980 Rover SD1 For Sale NY

To: "V8 Rover List" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: 1980 Rover SD1 For Sale NY
From: "Glen Wilson" <RoverCar@voicenet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 18:51:38 -0500

Glen Wilson
Email: RoverCar@voicenet.com
Rover Saloon Touring Club of America
Website: http://clubs.hemmings.com/rovercar/rstca.html

A nice Rover needs a new home, so I'm sending this out to several mailing
lists.  Fred Berliner called me via the RSTCA contact info to tell me that
he has to sell the following car:

1980 Rover 3500 SD1

Fred Berliner 518-398-5466  (owner/seller)
phone 518-398-5466
email fberliner@taconic.net

(I don't know Fred, so contact him directly if you're interested in the
car.)

Mileage: 56k  (bought the car years ago with around 28K on it)

Location: Upstate New York in Duchess County not far from Poughkeepsie

The car is completely stock.  Has the 3.5 liter fuel-injected V8 with a
5-speed manual transmission.  Power steering, power brakes, cruise control,
power windows, power locks, stereo/cassette, AC (currently needs
compressor).  The car is white with brown interior.  According to the
seller, this car is in unusually good condition and gets a lot of positive
comments.  The steering rack (a weak point on SD1s) was recently replaced.
The custom-made exhaust system is recent.  The car was in storage for some
time while the owner was working out of the country, and he spent around
$2500 having everything "freshened" when he put it back on the road.

Low mileage SD1s can be very impressive cars.  These cars offer a lot of
performance and comfort for the money they command on the market.  They're
also pretty practical since they are about the size of a Volvo 740 but have
a large rear hatch and folding rear seat.  If you're not too far away, you
might want to take a look.  Even if you're too far away to take a look, you
could drive it home.

I don't know Fred, so contact him directly if you're interested in the car
or have questions about it.