The baby Buick lives!!!

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: The baby Buick lives!!!
From: "Dave Robertson" <dave@ghboats.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:23:19 -0700
For those of you who have been on the list for a while , you may
remember that I had Ray Baker (Phil Baker's son) build a highly
modified 215 for me. This is the bored and resleeved version with
the buick 300 crank and heads. Ray has sworn me to secrecy
about some of the new modifications not previously published so I
can't go into details but he sez that before long you will see this
information in magazines and it will start a new 215 craze. Save
you old blocks, they may increase in value soon.

Well. last night I started the beast for the first time....and WOW,
the sound of horsepower echoed off the hills . Man , this thing just
crackles with the rumble of power!!! Slightly lumpy idle and the
throttle response is instantaneous. She sits nestled nicely in the
engine bay of a '32 chevy 5 window coupe, and with it's custom
welded aluminum valve covers none of the local hot rodders
recognize the heritage, except for the polished and clear coated
block. I told myself a long time ago that I would not install a
driveshaft until the project but my resolve is wavering already.

So I just had to tell someone...if you ever get near Seattle and want
to hear and see a neat engine, drop me a line.

Dave Robertson