RE: 3.5 V8 manifold

To: "Jones, Daniel C" <daniel.c.jones2@boeing.com>
Subject: RE: 3.5 V8 manifold
From: "Jones, Daniel C" <Daniel.Jones@MW.Boeing.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:23:20 -0500
> At least on a conventional gasoline powered 3.5 or 215, the 500 cfm
> Carters work fine out of the box, with only minor mixture & idle
> adjustments, I
> also have know info on LPG.

The reason I suggested the 400 CFM carb is that it has smaller primary
venturis and should provide better low speed atomization.  The primary
side of the 500 is the same as the 600/625.  The flow difference comes
entirely from the secondaries.  It's a shame they never made an AFB with
the 400's primaries and the 600's secondaries.

I don't know about the availability of AFB's in Australia but I do know
that some of the Aussie 351C Fords were equipped with Thermoquads.

Dan Jones