Re: Rover 3.9 oil pressure

To: Ken Millican <kenmillican@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Rover 3.9 oil pressure
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 10:28:22 -0400
My engine idles 10-15 lbs hot, 40-50 hot & 2000 rpm. The spring originally
furnished in the high volume oil pump kit had the oil pressures too high,
changed it for an old Buick spring I had. Rule of thumb is generally 10 lbs
per 1000 rpm engine speed. The Buick/Rover engines are not designed for the
high pressures you see in a 4 cyl MGB, so don't be alarmed if the gague
doesn't read 80 lbs when you go down the highway.

Jim Stuart