Re: Bearing replacement on a Rover v8.

To: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@au.oracle.com>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bearing replacement on a Rover v8.
From: "Op" <oliverp@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:52:20 -0700
I'm guessing that the heads have 12points, a regular 12 point socket will
fit perfectly. If I'm wrong, oh well :)

and you should be able to repalce mainbearings without removing crank, but
be prepared to test your patience. You can also slip in a new main seal, but
it can be very tricky.

BUT!!, I would pullt eh engine tranny out before I spent any time under
there. You'll do a better job, and with all the BS you'll have to go thru,
it will be faster and quicker to pull motor. You can pull a motor/tranny
combo out in about 2hours.

good Luck to you.

it appears as though my wifes car needs to be pulled as well, just found out
today :(

Op