fuel flow meter

Subject: fuel flow meter
From: Schuetz Joerg <Joerg.Schuetz@erl11.siemens.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:15:22 +0200
Hi there,

on my Rover SD1 (1986, auto, carbs, VDP, LHD) the fuel flow meter connected
to the board computer does not work. When I switch to metric units the "INST
CONS" will show a reading of 0.0 l/100km. All other readings (distance, time
etc.) are working fine.
I checked the fuel flow meter on top of the inlet manifold. It is the newer
type with a triangular plug. I do get supply voltage at the terminals.
Is there a way I can check out this flow meter? What kind of signal
(voltage, current, resistance) do I have to expect going back to the board
computer? Is there a way to induce a signal into the computer to check its
function?

Thanks for any response, Joerg