New Rear End

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: New Rear End
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 13:17:00 -0500
-> I am in the process -- although just barely -- of stuffing a BOP215
-> with T5 transmission into a Spitfire MkIII.

 The transmission is the problem, right?  I did a small block Chevy and
automatic in a Spitfire many years ago; the frame rails pinch in to hug
the original little breadloaf box.

-> Anybody have a suggestion of, or pointer to, a possible candidate
-> rear suspension?

 Snag the rear out of a Spitfire GT6.  It's semi-trailing-arm instead of
swing axle.  It bolts right up.

 Grassroots Motorsports Magazine is doing a Spitfire buildup.  It's
strung out over many articles.  They're apparently using Miata and
custom bits in the back.

 If your induction system needs some more hood clearance, snag the
bonnet off the GT6 too.  It'll give you a little more room.

I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?
=================================== http://home1.gte.net/42/index.htm