Baker's is almost done!!!

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Baker's is almost done!!!
From: "Dave Robertson" <dave@ghboats.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 21:28:53 -0800
Well, today I finally got the call I have been waiting for!!  Ray Baker
called to say that My 305 cu in buick is almost done, and I can
plan to pick it up in 1 1/2 weeks. The long block is all assembled
and he just needs to fabricate some custom parts ( hydraulic
clutch linkage , stuff like that) and it is ready to test fire . Whew, it
has been a long time coming. The original completion was
supposed to be last November but then he started the construction
on his new shop and he had to put the engine work aside because
of some zoning deadlines.

Fortunately I was in no hurry, as a matter of fact I told him to take
his time because the '32 chevy was still just a rolling chassis and I
had a spare block & trans to mock up the mounts.

But just last weekend I put the body back on the chassis and was
saying that I sure would like to have a real engine to design the
steering and linkages....and then the call came !! Just like
Christmas....except I have to pay for it....just realized that I DO pay
for Christmas...

Dave R