RE: Range Rover 4.6 efi heads

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Range Rover 4.6 efi heads
From: Simon Sparrow <Simon.Sparrow@wang.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 11:28:10 +1200
Hi Damien,

If you can do it, I'd use the whole engine. The P76 is OK (I have one in my
car) but its a bit of an orphan in terms of parts. The inlet manifold will
require spacer plates to fit, the water pump is different to any other (I
had to get mine rebuilt as I could not find a new one), gasket sets are
about twice the price if you can get them, the starter motor is different
etc etc.

Although I'm quite happy with my engine and may even recon the cylinder
heads, I'm planning to save up and get a RPI 4.6 in about 18 months time
when I'm in the UK.

Just my opinion...

Simon