Intakes Revisited

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net, willsrover@excite.com
Subject: Intakes Revisited
From: Dan Jones <djones2@mdc.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:44:00 -0600
Some time ago I made a post about different intakes I was
considering for my stroker Rover (3.9L block, Buick 300
crank and heads).  My conclusion was I would need one
of the single planes to feed the combination.  The biggest
drawback to all of these intakes (Harcourt, Huffaker, and
Wilpower) is the lack of carb heat.  I have one car with
blocked heat risers and I really don't want another.

A recent post reminded me of another manifold I have
overlooked, the Offy 360.  The 360 might be a better
compromise for me since it is a single plane (though
with split plenum) that has carb heat.  Anyone had
much experience with this manifold on the street?
Anyone got one for sale or trade?

BTW, I got a good look at a Huffaker manifold recently
when I met up with Ben Zwisser.  I let him borrow a
couple my manifolds, one Offy Dual Port and one
Buick 4 bbl, to try in place of his Huffaker.   Interestingly,
the Huffaker ports match the Buick 300 heads perfectly.
Makes me wonder if they were using Buick 300 heads
instead of Rover pieces back when British-Leyland
was actively campaigning the TR8.  That also reminds
of a question for Ben.  Were your Rover heads ported
to match the Huffaker intake?

Later,
Dan Jones