Re: [British-cars] Transporting an engine

To: "'Charlie & Ressie O'Connors'" <charlieoc@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [British-cars] Transporting an engine
From: "wbeech" <wbeech@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 08:32:55 -0600
--===============1345791528==

When I bought my car the PO had an extra engine.  He had taken a flat
4-wheeled furniture dolly and built-up three edges to fit around the oil
pan.  It sat snugly in its cradle while we pushed it around, up the ramp and
took a 1300 mile trip with it crosstied in the back of the pick-up.  Its
great to have it to move it around the shop, it is the original engine for
the TR3 so I intend to re-build it and re-install it.

Whether you stand it up or lay it down, the engine doesn't care, just be
sure that you tie it securely (think about what might happened in a werck)
and protect the external bits, generator, carbs, fan/water pump...etc. if
they are still attached.

Drive carefully,

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L (rolling restoration)
"A bad day in your TR just gives you license to go shopping on-line again!"