Another Question on Pistons

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another Question on Pistons
From: "Charlie & Ressie O'Connors" <charlieoc@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 07:46:02 -0500
In rebuilding the engine on my AH 3000 I am replacing the pistons.  The
piston set I purchased is not NOS and the pistons are different than the
ones I am replacing them with.  Before doing any machining on the
cylinder walls the machinist working on the engine asked if I could find
out what the clearance should be between the piston and cylinder wall.
I don't find this in the 3000 shop manual or any other documentation.  I
asked the retailer I bought the piston set from and they didn't know.
They would not give me contact information for the manufacturer so I
could ask them, and said they would research it and get back with me.
That was a week ago.  If anyone knows what it should be, or can direct
me to where I can find the information, I would greatly appreciate it.

Charlie O'Connors