TR6 hardtop

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 hardtop
From: DavidWLewi@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 19:18:00 EDT
Fred,

Back in the 70s, I had a 1969 TR6 for 10 years and had an aftermarket hard
top much of that time.  In the end I made an aluminum bracket that bolted to
the
fittings (2 or 3 bolts, I think) where the soft top was fastened.  I attached
the hard top to that bracket using an adjustable turnbuckle (the hard top had
a bracket that was located perfectly for this purpose).  As much as I can
remember, I believe that the soft top could have stayed in place except for
using
the attachment points for the hard top.  I have no idea how the factory hard
top was fastened (wish I had one).

Dave Lewis
1959 Turner