Sacrificial 'B?

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sacrificial 'B?
From: Diane & Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:48:54 -0800
I'm guessing this may have come up on the MG list, but I'm not on it, so
thought I would
check to see if there has been a list discussion.

There's a AAA Insurance ad currently running on the tube that shows an
MGB plowing
into the side of a parked small sedan.  It starts with a woman parking
the sedan, getting
out and going into a building.  Then there's a shot of the MG rolling
down a hill towards
the car with the owner running after it until it hits the car.  It's
appears to be a later model 'B
with alloy rather than wire wheels.

I'm wondering if an actual 'B was wrecked for the commercial, or if
special effects were used?
Anyone know?

Some of you may recall the movie "Diner".  from a number of years back
In one scene  a TR3
was tipped on its side.  I recall the owner of that car was on the
british cars list and commented
on how the scene was done.  Just wondering if the owner of the 'B in the
above commercial is
on the MG list?

Roland