Leather rejuvination

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Leather rejuvination
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:08:03 -0700
  I have a 35 year old car that has sat for 14-15 years now (I purchased it
a month ago) and I am finishing up getting it ready for the road.  I am
surprised at the condition of the leather seats as far as no rips,
etc.  But they are "hard" and not supple like leather should be.

  I tried using Coolly hide food but it appears to be making no difference
and I am concerned once I start driving the car the seats will rip
quickly.  Surfing the web I found Leatherlike which claims to do what I
want.  And it claims to come highly recommend by various high-end Brit car
people.

  Any ideas/suggestions on softening up my leather before it cracks when I
first use it ?

   keep using Consol every day ? or try Leatherlike ?

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/