Re: Borg Warner DG250

To: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Subject: Re: Borg Warner DG250
From: Bill <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:41:48 -0700
I believe that was essentially the same BW that Rootes used on the
Sunbeam Alpine.  It normally started in drive, which was a rough
equivalent of second gear, and automatically shifted into high.  If you
wanted more takeoff power, you could take off in low, which
automatically shifted into second, but then had to be manually shifted
into high.  It was more or less analogous to the old Chevy 2-speed slush
box.  I know where there are 2 Supersnipes in the desert which can be
had cheap (plus shipping!).
Bill
Slightly Classics
Tucson, Arizona