Re: turn signal circuit

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: turn signal circuit
From: John McEwen <moparrr@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 09:38:21 -0600
Don:

As Terry has pointed out, this is now commercially possible.  I did
the same thing on my Standard Vanguard by using two flashers.  This
way I was able to take current from the switch-on position which
activates the trafficator.  By attaching a flasher unit to each  of
the hot wires from the switch I was able to send flashing current to
the appropriate side of the car.It is quite easy to do, once you've
identified the correct output wires - which is not difficult,
especially if you have a wiring diagram.  You could enclose the whole
thing in a box and mount in unobtrusively in the engine compartment.

My Vanguard had been equipped with add-on Lucas clear beehive lenses
in front, and a flasher circuit, when it came to North America as a
new vehicle.  The rear lights remained the same.  The installing
dealer had simply cut the wires to the trafficators so all I had to
do was reconnect them then add an additional flasher after separating
the circuit into right and left.  Fortunately nothing else of the
original wiring had been tampered with.

John