SB-708 (proposed change in California smog exemptions)

To: "914 digest" <914@rennlist.org>,
Subject: SB-708 (proposed change in California smog exemptions)
From: "Thom Kuby" <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 08:12:53 -0800
All,
California residents especially...
Appears our wonderful lawmakers (sic) are at it again...
SB-708 is afloat to change the current exemption rules to make things even
more difficult
for all of us who own/enjoy pre-74 cars.

I haven't personally heard much about this bill, either on any of these
forums or anywhere else...
Is this proposed admendment NOT a serious threat to the existing exemptions?
Am I missing something completely? (and that wouldn't surprise me one bit).

For more specifics on the bill itself, go to:
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/

I personally hope this one simply rolls over and dies...but the fact that
everything is so quiet on this subject really is disturbing.

v/r
Thom Kuby

PS -  those of you living outside the walls of california...you might take
note of what these people in Sacramento are trying to do...a lot of states
look to CA for guidance on smog/transportation issues.