RE: e-bay honesty

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: e-bay honesty
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:00:53 -0700
> The meaning was obvious. . .he knew darned well that the
> thermostat
> was incorrect, but he pressed the manufacturer's (incorrect)
> claim to clear
> his own conscience.

There is actually a fair amount of truth to the seller's claims, S-T (or
Leyland or whatever they were called by then) did in fact supercede the
sleeved thermostat to a non-sleeved thermostat.  I don't have an exact date
handy, but I believe this happened before the end of TR4A production, so at
least some cars were delivered from the factory with non-sleeved
thermostats.

Randall