Re: Go ahead, make my day

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Go ahead, make my day
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:11:41 -0700 (MST)
Beach Boys music?  There was a fair bit of Beach Boys music this past
saturday, here at the home of the autox.team.net server.  It was time
for the annual Fat Chance Garage Beach Party.  Usually this is held in the
middle of February, but the Olympics scroggled up a lot of schedules.

Anyway, quite a few Beach Boys tunes, Jan and Dean, Jimmy Buffet and such as
well as Dire Straits, Buckwheat Zydeco, the Cowdaddies, Dwight Yokum doing
a Grateful Dead tune, and of course live music from various collections
of local musicians.  It was great fun.

And yes, I too often wish for the good old days of the lists, back when the
vast majority of subscribers actually knew something about how to work their
mailers.  Now I spend an hour or two a day working on nearly 100 lists under
several domains, cleaning up after Clueless Mouse Pilots who just waggle and
click, hoping the right thing happens.  Sigh.  In truth there are still a few
lists I actually subscribe to, such as this one.  And the spring fund drive
is coming up, my enthusiasm is usually rekindled when I see how much these
various lists mean to folks, and their willingness to throw in a few bucks to
keep it all running.

As for cars, the forecast is for afternoon highs near 60 by the end of the week.
Too bad I'm having trouble with Racket, my Mark 1 Spitfire, and no time to
get it fixed this week.  Hmmm, maybe I'll throw one of those Beach Party CDs on
the stereo....

mjb.