RE: Whacky turn signal indicator ???

To: SOL <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Whacky turn signal indicator ???
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:06:17 -0800
Some of the replacement thermal flashers I've tried seem to have that
problem on my TR3A, the dash light remains on when the switch is off.
However, it might also be that you didn't get the wires on the flasher just
right.  Try swapping the wire to the dash light with the wire to the signal
switch.

AFAIK, the 'electronic' type flashers are not polarity sensitive.  At least
the one I use (Tridon EL13) is just a special relay and a non-polar
capacitor, no transistors involved.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver TS39781LO
63 Sports 6 project HB7826LCV