Re: Value of 1960 MGA? (Help)

To: <info@theyeagergroup.com>,
Subject: Re: Value of 1960 MGA? (Help)
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 02 06:54:35 -0800
>The 1960 MGA is in labeled boxes and zip-lock bags.  Most of the new parts
>have been acquired except for the interior,

I'm afraid this is yet another case where the conglomerate sum is worth
WAY less than the sum of its parts.  Disassembled cars as a rule hold
very little value.  I think you would be lucky to get $2000 for the pile.

For most people, purchasing someone else's abandoned project can be like
buying a used 5000 part puzzle with no assurance that all the parts are
there and a vague idea of what the finished puzzle looks like.

Reassembly by someone who can only guess what each baged dohicky goes
will most likely be slow and laborious.  Painting the body will be
expensive as well.  People are not going to pay costs approximating even
a beater running car for a project that is going to take them hundreds of
hours and thousands more dollars before it so much as looks like a car.

Your best chance is someone who loves to spend his time restoring cars
who has a weakness for MGAs.  Don't even think of how much money you have
in new parts and paid labor to get things rebuilt/refinished.  It doesn't
matter.

I read somewhere. long ago that only about 1 in 7 cars that are
completely disassembled for a complete restoration ever get reassembled
and driven again.  I like to think the odds are a little higher with
vintage British cars.  Unfortunatly I have known a lotof British project
cars that disapated once disassembled.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937