J-type OD fitted to TR-4 gearbox

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: J-type OD fitted to TR-4 gearbox
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 10:25:24 -0500
I'm in the process of fitting a J-type OD to my TR-4 gearbox.  So far all
is well, but I'm not clear about how the rear mount works.  I see from the
Rimmer Brothers site that the mount fits against the studs which hold the
case together.  Fine.  BUT, it appears that the solenoid cylinder will be
in the way.  Am I wrong, or does the OD have to be rotated (probably 90
degrees clockwise)?  Any help greatly appreciated.

Tnx

Jim
--
God Bless America

J.C. Hassall
jhassall@blacksburg.net
RV-7 builder wannabe
"The essence of character is doing what's right --
even when no one is looking."  J.C. Watts