Re: Bond Back in AM

To: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bond Back in AM
From: Marc Hesselink <M.Hesselink@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 16:42:24 +0200
Yes it does. Or rather: they do; there were in total four James Bond DB 5's.
Two were used in the actual filming,  two for publicity, so it would be my guess

you have been in one of the latter.

All four cars went back to the factory, who took them back to standard and sold
them as ordinary used cars.
All four have later been at some time returned to James Bond-spec. They are all
now in hands of collectors.

And excellent book was written on the James Bond Aston Martins. It's called "The

Most Famous Car In The World" and was written by Dave Worrall and published by
Solo Publishing, P.O. box 1570, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 5YH, UK. ISBN
0-9517509-1-7. It's an excellent read, very well documented and illustrated.
Very worthwhile if you can get your hands on it!

Marc