RE: rental comp...cars in the truck bed

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: rental comp...cars in the truck bed
From: StuCohen@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 16:44:49 EDT
If you're planning to put a car in a truck just be careful you don't tell the
rental place what you intend to do.  I was planning to transport my 80 Spit
that way...did all the measurements and determined it would fit into the
medium-sized U-haul truck no problem.  But those trucks are only equipped
with single ramps that go up the middle, so...in retrospect, stupidly...I
asked them if they had any suggestions on how to get the car in. That little
mistake ended that plan right away...at least at that rental facility.  So if
you're doing it with a rental truck, "mum's" the word!  It seemed like a
terrific idea, though.  The car stays clean and dry regardless of road and
weather conditions.  And I wouldn't have to deal with those 18-wheelers
zooming past me on the interstate.  Any ideas on how to get the car into the
truck though...other than spending a few hundred dollars on a set of ramps
that might only be used once or twice.  BTW, I'd love to see those pictures
of the Spridget in the F-150.

Stuart