Cortinas, junkyards and shipping from England

To: "british-cars@autox.team.net" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cortinas, junkyards and shipping from England
From: Mike Denman <mikedenman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 20:08:13 -0800
Does anyone on the list know of any Ford Cortinas in junk yards?  I am
looking for a rear differential from one.  I'm not too particular about
the ratio, but if I had a choice it would be (in the following order of
preference) 3.7, 3.55,  or 3.9.  An alternative would be to get one from
England.  However, the last time I got something heavy from England it
cost me almost as much in airfreight and freight handling as the item
itself. Does anyone know how to get items from England without paying an
arm and leg for freight.  I would assume that it should go by boat...
does this avoid the freight handling charge ($84 on a windshield I had
shipped from England)  Some items I have gotten from England came by
regular mail and the postage was fairly cheap and no hassle... how much
weight will "regular mail" accept?  I am not in a huge hurry for the
parts so it is no big deal if they go by boat.
Thanks for any information,
Mike Denman
1966 Marcos