Re: Is it worth it?

To: "Paul Garside" <Paul.Garside@seagatesoftware.com>,
Subject: Re: Is it worth it?
From: "Neil Sherry" <neil@sherry02.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:54:07 -0000
Absolutely. This is (for most of us) a hobby. Do people expect a return out
of gardening, smoking, playing golf or sailing? If you're lucky the garden
might enhance the value of your house, you might make business contacts on
the golf course or travel 'for free' by sailing, but that's not the goal.
The likelihood is that the gardening will be hours of back breaking work
just to keep it the same, the golf will be something to get nagged about at
home and the boat will be an expensive indulgence (#1500 for a sail that can
be wrecked ever so easily). As for smoking...

I'd rather spend my time and money in the garage.

(and I love sailing, beer and many other activities)

Neil