Sprite update

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite update
From: "John D'Agostino" <jdagostino@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 17:57:31 -0500
Hi folks
I dragged the Sprite home the other day, and cleaned out all the mice nests,
yuck.
Turns out it's a 68 not a 65, and has been in their garage for 27 years! (so
they say).
The motor is free, there is not too much rust, the drivers rocker area is
the bad spot.
First time I've seen a repair made with newspaper, window screen and bondo,
(Boston Sunday Globe 1979 to be exact).
There is also a spare 1098 cc motor trans and rearend.
Tried to start it, but the fuel pump is not working. As usual the electrics
have been messed with. The ignition switch is missing, and the directionals
are questionable.
The entire floor, and engine compartment have been painter with bright green
paint that is peeling.
Never thought I would have any interest in a Sprite, but It's goofy enough
to be interesting. Just what I need, another project car, as if an Impala
and three kids aren't enough.
At least its small, I think there is more surface area on the Impala hood
than the whole Sprite!

John