Several Bits

To: car net <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Several Bits
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 15:01:22 -0500 (EST)
Well, the things people in this group do ! While I am trying to avoid
scratching my Healey someone here in SOL has a friend who "learned to
drive on British cars". I'd love to learn to drive on American cars whilst
driving the Healey. It would be time saving during rush hour.
Still another SOL has a friend "quite experienced in British cars".
She must, one assumes, be very small. I went out with a girl who, I
later learned, was quite experienced in Buicks. However, we did have
more room for expression in a Buick. A bette speciality niche really.
-------
Anway, re: copper pipes (not to be confused with Cooper pipes - that's
the mini list) . I have double walled copper pipes in the AH3000.
They fit easily, but you must fasten them down at several spots to
avoid vibration and fatigue.(of the pipes Ray !) The danger, perhaps,
is that they would also dent more easily, be cut more easily and so
may be illegal for this reason alone.

Roger Garnett and race folk may also inform us as to whether or not the
 softer pipes also expand under pressure resulting in less effective
braking under the limit.

P.S. MARK PACEY - YES ! Check the sig. THere are bikers on the
net but most of us talk two wheeling at brit-iron@indiana.edu, the
bike digest.

Christopher  Ball  triumph@io.org   Toronto, Ont. (416) 751-8300 Work
75 Spitfire // 64 Healey 3000 Mk. III // 59 TR3A //66 BSA Thunderbolt