Spot welds and Recip Saws

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spot welds and Recip Saws
From: dll20@oes.amdahl.com (Dan Litteral)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 06:12:28 +0800
First, someone asked me to let them know how well the Eastwood
Spotweld Cutter works.  I can now say that it seems to work pretty
well.  They say you can just center punch the weld, but I have had
better results with drilling the pilot point a little deeper

        Ya know, I was thinking about buying on of these after I saw
        it in their catalog. But, it sounds like your experience was
        less than I'd hoped for. I think I've had better luck using
        pilot point bits. Most of the time I haven't even needed to
        center punch the welds. These bits are not very prone to
        slippage and they cut "flat" holes. All you have to do is make
        sure you stop short of going all the way through the back piece
        of metal. Thanks for sharing your experience, you saved me a
        few bucks.

1.  Keep streightening out the sawzall blades.  When I get an open
section, it cuts like butter and leaves no distortion.

        In trade, let me share a trick for recip saw situations like
        you're having. You can grind down hack saw blades to fit your
        reciprocating saw. That way you can make them any length you
        need. You can even grind the tips down to make them look like
        the real ones. Works fine!! Give it a try...

dan litteral
dll20@oes.amdahl.com