MGB Brake Bleeeds & Why Not...Wrinkle finish too!

To: "British Cars Digest (postings)" <British-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Brake Bleeeds & Why Not...Wrinkle finish too!
From: Joanne Hershfield <hershfld@email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 20:57:26 -0500 (EST)
Well. its Jim Fink and not Joanne.....sorry once again.....

Anyway, just used "Illinois Bronze" Manufacturers name... of WRINKLE FINISH
for my '69 B'S ashtray, also used it previosly on ...hmmm something last
year.. on the '71, anyway, its wierd, looks OK, not as good as the
factory wrinkle that shows up on the Spitfire MKI dash... but looks fine
unless you really compare factory..... and yup its gooey, if ya try to
mess with it, I have had to remove it all and start over on my first
small parts..... anyway....

BRAKES..... well yes, I went around and around on my '69 B repalcing the
entire shamoley.... and well, with one pump in advance the brakes are
great.. the cylinder was a rebuilt from Roadstar Nelson Corp. in Calif...
and I tend to trust it...... ,
ANYWAY.... I ran through 2 Quarts of DOT 4, and still spongey but viable
brakes till a second pump, it takes literally no time at all to be partly
spongey again, and no fluid is leaking, its been 4 months and 2,000 miles
and no fluid level change, I still have yet replaced the brake lines with
the new ones I have in the Box.... but that and another bleed or two will
be next on my list....

I recall someone saying a few months ago that it took weeks, or was it
months to bleed all the air out of the system.... on their car..

Now my other car,, the '71, got all new stuff and went together just
right and is holding up like a champ with DOT 5 and no such wories,
although I expect the fluids have nothing to do with it...

ANYWAY..... my .02 worth anyway......

TTFN

Jim Fink
'69 MGB