Ours car are Cheap !

To: car net <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ours car are Cheap !
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 12:03:42 -0500 (EST)
LIMITED LBC CONTENT:
Rads in our cars.

Next time you or your partner think that our LBCs are pricey think
of this. I have a top seam leak on my aluminum/plastic rad in the
F$%D Pr&be. They try to sell me a new rad for 560.00 Can$. !!!
I call the people who make the rads and now it's 240.00 Can$.
Better. I take it to a rad shop, they pull it out, take off the
top, put in a new neoprene gasket, pop it in a jig and reseal it.
It's 85.00Can$.

Now, this means that the average car owner goes in and pays over
six hundred bucks for a new rad, in a car four years old. It's like
getting a new engine because the valve cover leaks.

Our LBCs on the other hand have real rads that you can braze, recore
and handle a repair on, and they sure as hell last for more than
four years. If they do go I dare say that I could get a lovely brass
top rad from over 'ome for five hundred.

It makes you think.

Lossing my cool(ant) today ! Friday the 13th too.

Christopher  Ball  triumph@io.org   Toronto, Ont. (416) 751-8300 Work
75 Spitfire // 64 Healey 3000 Mk. III // 59 TR3A //66 BSA Thunderbolt