1967 Triumph Spitfire for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 1967 Triumph Spitfire for sale
From: marckell@quake.net (Marc Kelly)
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 1995 19:18:15 -0800
1967 Triumph Spitfire mk II for sale

- 1974 Spitfire 1500 engine
- new convertible top
- good wheels and tires

I bought this in October as a project car. The person I bought it from was
moving
to an apartment and didn't have the room to work on it after he purchased it
last July,
and I find myself in the same position. The car is located in San Mateo, CA.

When I bought it, the previous owner started the engine and drove it around
the block. I towed it home and it has sat for three months, so it now has a
dead (but new) battery. A GM alternator has replaced the lucas equipment.

The original hood had been dented, so a primer gray replacement hood is now
on the car. The rest of the car is maroon. All the chrome trim is in a box
at the
moment. The interior needs some work, including some dash replacement, but
the upholstery and seats are in pretty good shape.

The owner before the previous owner apparently had the car in his garage for
several
years before selling it last July. He stated that the last time he had
driven it, the
brakes would catch but not release. I believe this is how the hood was damaged.

All in all, this is a pretty straightforward restoration project.
Unfortunately, it can't
be mine. I'm selling it for $600, which is less than what I have spent so
far. All the paperwork is available, including the
original glove compartment manual and a Haynes shop manual. The car is
registered as non-operable for the rest of 1995. The registration will not be
"officially" granted until the car is smogged.

marc@pdi.com
- I may be reached at 408/745-6755 (day) or 415/637-8885 (eve)