Need MGC Firing Order

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need MGC Firing Order
From: Dave Lapham <RMFV10@WACCVM.corp.mot.com>
Date: 05 Jan 1995 19:12:56 -0600
     My Big Healey vintage racer is running like a dog,
and a small dog at that.  I have to advance the timing
kabunches to get it to start and run.  Actually, it
will run, but it's way down on power.  It seems the cam
is not correct!  I recently rebuilt the engine, and some
may remember that I wrote that I had overheating problems
and poor top end speed.
     Well, from measuring valve opening and close points
against the crankshaft rotation, it looks like the cam
is trying to operate on the wrong firing order.  In fact,
it's as if it want the cylinders to fire in the reverse
order of what should occur.  I'm wondering if the place
I got the cam from sent an MGC cam instead of a Healey
cam.  Anyone have enough experience with both to comment?
     Does anyone know the correct firing order for an
MGC?  Please E-Mail me with the answer if you do.

Dave Lapham     HEALEY@OAKHILL.sps.mot.com     Austin, TX

The careful application of terror is also a form of communication!