Machine Shops in MA, Anyway

To: british-cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Machine Shops in MA, Anyway
From: Steven Jackson <Steven_Jackson.LOTUS@crd.lotus.com>
Date: 4 Jan 95 15:02:52 ES
Subject: Machine Shop for MGB engine
Any machine shops in NH, MA, NY

These are the best shop I know in the Boston area.  I've had each of them do
some work for me on cars ranging from Hondas to Lotuses to VW's.

1.)
Neponsett Valley Machine
Chuck Caplan
Walpole, MA
(508)668-4784

Chuck has had lots of experience with Formula Ford motors, and he owned a Lotus
Europa.  Competent for building a proper, very strong, very reliable, leakless
road-going Lotus Twin-Cam engine, too, though the racing crowd usually suggests
that for a full race-prepped motor, there might be better shops.

2.)
Williams Race Prep
Bill McCurdy
Harvard, MA
(508)772-0220

No, not Williams Grand Prix Engineering.  This is where the racing crowd often
goes to get 200+ hp from their 1600cc Lotus Twin-Cam engines.  Has dyno setup
for Kent motors of this family.

3.)
Monty's Machine Shop
10 Vine Street
Everett, MA  02149
(617)389-2400
Charlie

Nice work, fair amount of lbc racing engine experience.

4.)
Harry's Machine Shop
90 Fountain Street
Framingham, MA
(617)879-1455

Top-notch machine shop that specializes in racing motorcycle engines.

5.)
Lindskog Precision Balancing
312 School Street
Acton, MA  01720
(508)263-2040

These guys are the best.  Precision, dynamic engine balancing.  They also do
other work like flywheel lightening, connecting rod alignment and finishing,
etc.

- Steven Jackson
'67 Lotus Elan S3 drophead
'76 TVR 2500M