Re: Step 7: Go back to Step 1.

To: Lawrence Buja <southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU>
Subject: Re: Step 7: Go back to Step 1.
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 13:00:45 -31802 (PST)
On Wed, 21 Dec 1994, Lawrence Buja wrote:

<<Snip snip very sad XJ story >>

> To Bob's race-trained eye, this disaster isn't nearly as bad as I felt
> it was when I looked down the #2 cylinder and could see the wrist-pin
> and connecting rod thru the jagged hole in the top of the piston.  I was
> thinking "Game Over. I've got to pull the engine and get it on a stand,
> push the Daimler out into the lot, disassemble the engine completely,
> resleeve the cylinder, find a new head.....  It's going to be August
> before it's running again."  But Bob was much more relaxed about it.  On
> the phone the next day he said, "Yup, that's just what it looks like
> when you eat a valve.  Don't worry.  I`ve got a line on another piston
> and a set of valves for you.  Once we get your headwork done and the
> cylinder checked out, we'll have you going again soon."  That was music
> to my ears.

Good, I'm glad you have a stout optimist helping you with the project.
I've been there, done that, and Bob's right.  It's all in the mindset.

> Anyway, it looks like it's back to square one, but with a slightly
> different spin this time.  One thing this experience has proven to me is
> that, in spite of it all, I _really_ like this car and I'm willing to do
> alot of work to get it going again.

That's a good attitude to have Lawrence, have fun.

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6