MG Midget Restoration

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MG Midget Restoration
From: "R Glenn Stauffer" <stauffer@cc.swarthmore.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 23:35:10 -0500 (EST)
After allowing it to sit in a garage for the past 7 years, I have been giving
serious thought to restoring my old 1974 MG Midget.  I'm looking for any tips
on NOS, used, or re-production parts sources.  I dealt with MOSS Motors quite
some time ago, but don't know whether they are still around.

This car looks to need some major body work.  There is evidence of front
end damage from an accident (inner fender liner bent on the driver's side)
and the rocker panels are severely rusted.  I have a welder and enough tools
and knowlege to do this myself.  Can someone recommend good body parts sources
and, perhaps, a good restoration guide for this car?  I know that the rocker
panels can be tricky to replace since the body alignment must be tended to.

Thanks for any tips and information.

Glenn